Consequences of Neglecting Your Car.
Some believe that auto detailing is a process that is only done when a car is “dirty”. Others, include detailing as part of their car’s routine maintenance, just like an oil change. The second group have it correct. Neglecting your car’s appearance, even for a short amount of time, can result in damage to its surfaces. Some of this damage can be difficult or impossible to restore. A few examples of the materials that can be quickly damaged include:
- Wheel surfaces can be damaged by brake dust.
- Painted surfaces are vulnerable to road grime, bird droppings, and bug residue.
- Tires can crack and dis-color of not cleaned and protected often.
- Leather upholstery is attacked by acidic dirt and body oils, causing cracking.
- Carpet, mats, and fabric upholstery accumulate dirt that can wear down its fibers.
- Vinyl and plastic surfaces are discolored by dirt and body oils.
Most every surface of your car can be damaged if not cleaned and protected on a regular basis. If you desire to keep your car looking great, it is smart to include auto detailing as part of its regular maintenance schedule.